*The Companion Bible (A.K.A. "The Bullinger Bible") is a work by Dr. E.W. Bullinger (1837-1913), and is the King James text (Un-altered) of the Authorized Version of 1611.
This work (The Companion Bible Condensed) is an attempt to condense the (o) captioned word or words in the Texts of *The Companion Bible and then explained in the margin (by Dr. Bullinger) into the Scripture itself. When read this way you will be reading the Scripture as close to the original Manuscripts as possible, in English.
If Dr. Bullinger would have translated the King James text into another version, we believe this work (The Companion Bible Condensed) would be pretty close to the result of his work.
Here is John 4: 23 in the standard King James Text.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. (KJV)
Here is John 4: 23 as read in *The Companion Bible. Sample page (John 4: 23) of the Original Printed Edition.
23 But the hour Ocometh, and now is, when the Otrue Oworshippers shall 20worship 21the Father 14in Ospirit and in Otruth: for 21the Father seeketh such to 20worship Him. (TCB)
Here is John 4: 23 as read from this work.
23But the hour O
Here is John 4: 23 complete with the O
captioned word or words removed from the Scripture and the change in the text remaining,
(CBC), or, "The Bullinger Bible".
23But the hour is coming, and is now on its way, when the real worshippers shall worship the Father within 8spirit and ... truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. (CBC)
1. Contains the corrected text that has replaced the 8captioned word or words.
2. Inserted [explanation (as we say) margin]
3. [Ellipsis; or, Omission. When a gap is purposely left in a sentence through the omission of some word or words.]. (Appendix 6)
4. This symbol, ... , or
5. Word or words that were added by the translators of the King James Text for better readability in English.
6. Words of the Lord Jesus "in red quotations".
7. Represents a 5repeat of the word or 7words meaning in another verse.
8. A word with 8this 8symbol by a word shows there is further information in the margin or by Note.
9.When the Lord is addressed as He or Him or Thou, &c. The First letter is Capitalized and Bold enhanced.
10. 2 Notes.. With this symbol may or may not be the words of Dr. E.W. Bullinger. (Also used for Addendums).